Sunday 7 December 2008

PRE TRIP EMAILS

Hi John,

I have spent every free minute for the past 3 days looking on the internet
and at the package holiday brochures for a hotel. Have also checked out
reviews on Trip Advisor. Some of the hotels I was seriously interested in
had terrible reviews, like "Worst hotel I've ever stayed in" etc. I can't
find any reviews for the Chalston, which is a good thing (I think) as most
people like to warn other travellers of shit places. The Chalston Beach
looks really nice and seems to have direct access onto the beach. The rooms
are £11 a night, which is quite cheap for a regular type hotel. The grounds
look lovely and if all the action of the Beach Shacks gets too much, you can
hang out around the pool. I don't think Candolim is 3 miles away. I looked
in the lonely planet guide and it says 1.5 km, that is just a stroll down
the beach. I think that if you have the Chalston for 2 weeks, that will
give you plenty of time to suss out the area and what you want to do and
where you want to be. Maybe you'll want to go to South Goa for a couple of
weeks. Although, everybody that I have ever talked to about Goa ---- it
seems that where ever they first go is where they want to be and keep going
back to. Maybe you'll want to join Kate and go Backpacking!!! Maybe you'll
want to travel around India and see alot of different places. You'll be able
to do whatever you want!!! I do sooo envy you. I wish I were going too. You
will have such a great time ---- you probably won't want to come back!!!!
You can always change the return date on your ticket!!!!

Anyway, before I actually book the Chalston Beach, have a look at these
websites. I have been putting your arrival date as the 16th Nov. for 14
nights. I figure you should spend a couple of days in Mumbai recovering
from the flight and sightseeing --- just an idea, as Uncle John would have
said.

gtahotels.com
travelrepublic.co.uk
sunmaster.co.uk
otbeach.com
jewelholidays.com

There are loads of options. A lot of the hotels are quite expensive, I was
really surprised. Kate has a friend who travelled around India for 5
months ---- just returned home 6 weeks ago, and his budget was £5 per day.
Natalie was there for 10 weeks and her budget was £10 a day. If you have
£150 a week coming in, you can live like a king.

Let me know your thoughts on all this asap. Do you have a mobile # that I
can send a text to?

Lots of love xxxxx
from Colehayes Park
www.colehayes.co.uk
----- Original Message -----
From: "john ruscoe"
To:
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2008 6:31 PM
Subject: GOA


> Hi Rebecca,that hotel sounds wonderfull.

No comments: