Wednesday 17 December 2008

EMAIL FR REB 8 DEC

Hi John,

I see that you were going to send me an email but it never came through. Please resend it. Have just looked at the usual email address and see that steve austin has sent me an email!!!! All he said was that he was following your blog ---- that was it. Very strange. I talked to Kate earlier this evening and shes busy getting ready for her trip. She said she had talked to you and that she thought you wouldn't be joinning them for the backpack trip. Well, I'm not surprised. It sounds like you've settled in nicely and are enjoying the comforts of your new apt. Its so easy to get into the life style there ----- just lots of mooching around doing nothing. Where is your apt??? How much are you paying for it??? Have you made any friends?? Etc Etc. I loved your blog. I really laughed. Only somebody who has been to India can understand the true craziness there and the roads ect. I really thought your description of the drive from the airport into Mumbai was priceless ---- I laughed so hard!!! I am so sorry about your crap room. We need to complain to Asia Rooms. I can't believe your room did not have a window. Had I known I would have paid the few £'s extra and got you a double. Maybe that would have been better. Yes, everyone expects a tip ---- all the time. Its just part of the culture. I guess by now you are use to it. Tell me about the Chalston Beach hotel. Was that ok?? Its so hard trying to choose hotels on the web but so far we've been pretty lucky. The first time we went to India, with First Choice, we ended up in a hotel that was the pits. One woman off our tour bus wouldn't even take her case into her room and just sat by the pool in tears ----- all very reminisent of our arrival in Corfu at our hotel in Achravi where the posh woman wouldn't get off the bus and insisted she was going to a proper Hotel ---- do you remember? Tell me about a typical day for you. How was your fish curry with your neighbor? I'm just so happy that you seem ok and are liking it there. Believe me, you are missing nothing in England. Its just the same old shit and no matter when you return it will be just the same as when you went away. Atleast you are missing the cold weather. Its heavy frost tonight and extremely cold. Nicky and Jazzy have spent the last couple of nights in the cottage and we went up to Haytor just at sunset and although it was cold it was very beautiful and we really enjoyed the walk. Lara is ok but did you know that Sam is moving back to his parents house in Paignton? I think she may move back to Colehayes. I don't think she knows what to do. Sam wants to do a carpentry course which would be great but will take 2-3 years. OY Vey!!!! Heaven knows what will happen to them in the mean time. But there is no talk of them splitting up. Sarah is fine and working hard at school. She has all her exams coming up and is studying non stop and working on an essay right now so I have to say bye because she neeeds the computer.

Lots of love xxx

No comments: