Wednesday 17 December 2008

EMAIL FR REB 17 DEC

Hi John,

Was so happy to hear from you. Yes, I figured your long silence had something to do with the internet. Do you have a pay as you go pen drive thingy for your lap top? I've never used one but hear they are great but can be really expensive if you use them outside your "home" country. Had some Norwegian guy who was at Colehayes for a wedding that had used his in Hungary and Austria, and ended up with a £2,500 mobile phone bill!!!! Yes, computers can be very frustrating and I've lost letters too and had to start all over. Just awful. Makes you feel like you want to smash the thing to bits!!!!

Your apt sounds fantastic ----- the way you describe the surrounding countryside is just how I imagined it to be. I know exactly the kind of vegetation you are talking about. So interesting about all the little cafes, shops, etc along the way to the beach. Have you discovered any new haunts? Are you still hanging out at Bob's? I read about the big table that people can sit at. That sounds a great idea ----- they should have a table like that in every restaurant for the people who hate to eat alone. You'd have company and make new friends at the same time. You've been there a month now ---- can't believe how fast the time flys. What do you think of it generally? Do you like India?

Everything is ok here. Even tho we don't have the schools we are still very busy with a million things to do everyday. I just want to run away. I'm not very good at coping with all the pressure these days. Oh well.

There was a party in Brighton that had 400 gatecrashers and was big news and that of course dragged up our story and we had some guy from the Daily Express come to interview me and Sarah for a retrospective type angle for his article. A week later they sent around a makeup girl and photographer for more photos!!!!! It hasn't come out yet but I will let you know when it does.

Kate and Chris arrived the 10th and had to stick around Mumbai till Kates bag turned up. Poor Kate couldn't get any info there ----- because of security, unless you had a ticket you couldn't even get inside the airport. She was so pissed off. She phoned me and I got onto Kenya Air baggage services at LHR and gave them the reference # and with the miracles of modern technology and a few clicks of the mouse, was told the bag was in Nairobi and would be on the 17:15 flight to Mumbai and that Kate could collect it after 4:30am. I called Kate back and told her the happy news and she was reunited with her bag the next day. They were staying right next door to the bombed hotel. Kate said the devastation was severe but the worst thing was losing such an architecturally beautiful old building. Never mind about all the people!!! Ha ha!!! They have been travelling by bus and have already been to a lot of places. They were in Jaipur and Udipur then Jalis ---- something and going to Pushkin or something like that. Sorry I haven't time to check spelling and I don't have a Lonely Planet guide for India to check her route. I think I should get one. Anyway, both Kate and Chris have been sick with the flu ---- not Delhi Belly ----- not yet, Kate said. They were feeling terrible but they still kept going ---- I thought that was stupid and told them to stop and rest and they did and after staying in one place for 12 hours they were feeling better ----- thank God. I do worry about them ---- but not too much. Shit can happen here just as easily as there. Only there, life is really cheap and you have to be careful and not put yourself into any dangerous situations. Don't ever get into a fight with someone. It just isn't worth it. Kate knows all this tho and I hope and pray she takes good care of herself. Are you getting antsy? Might you want to join them? As you see Kate is still using her UK # but will hopefully get an Indian sim asap. It costs an arm and a leg to talk to her so best to send a text.

How are you doing for money? Are you managing or are things really tight? Let me know if you get into trouble and I will help out. Oh ---- I wish I were in India for Christmas. Its so cheesy with all the Santa's singing carols coming into the bars etc looking for donations for heaven knows what. Do they have those guys in North Goa?? Maybe they only do it in the South. Oh ----- the weather. I wish I were there. I hate the cold. Just enjoy yourself.

I better go now. Have fun and be safe. Lots of love xxxxx
from Colehayes Park

No comments: