Thursday 27 November 2008

1st day Wednesday 12th November 2008 My sister Pauline drives me to the railway station at Torquay for the 2 .20pm train to Paddington I change at Reading then change at Hayes for the airport bus arrive at Heathrow at 6pm in plenty of time The flights at 9pm so three hours to kill drink cans of beer and smoke cigarettes out on the concourse rush up to departures and board the plane drink half the bottle of brandy get pissed and fall asleep.Wake up in a daze as the plane touches down in India Mumbai Airport Phwoo I,m in India Make my way through customs and immigration and baggage claim some bloke tries to take my suitcase off the carousel I holler at him and he runs off.Go to the prepaid taxi counter and pay for a taxi to my hotel 750 rupees about £12 .Finally make it outside the airport for my first fag in 12 hours sweltering heat it must be 100 f .Search for my allocated taxi no.497 chuck all my gear in the boot what a wreck of a car an old 1972 morris oxford

No comments: